Sunday, October 12, 2008

Karisma: I'm going to judge fairly

Karisma Kapur says her brief from STAR Plus has been to judge Nach Baliye 4 fairly - and that's exactly what she intends on doing.



"The channel has been extremely gracious and they have told me: 'Be yourself, just judge them fairly'," slim and lovely Karisma said, "so many people have asked me whether I have been instructed to do something particular on the show or not. But this is not true and it is all about being fair and honest."

Karisma joins Farah Khan and Arjun Rampal as judge on the show's fourth season, and says she has been watching the show herself.

"It is the first ever reality show. It has great appreciation and has been running successfully for three seasons," she said, "So I said to myself: why not be part of such a show?"

Asked what she saw her main tasks as being, she said: "I will focus on performance because I have always been a performer, I guess. I am looking forward to meeting the contestants and getting to know them. Hopefully judging them rightly and looking at their improvement over time."

"When my movies would be released, I would be judged, but this time I'm going to be judge!" she said, adding, "as a person I should be not judging anyone and it's something I have never done before."

Asked who her favourite dancers were from previous seasons, she said: "I should not really be saying this but I think Sachinji and his wife were really good. Everyone else was much younger but the way they performed and the kind of effort they put in is great."

"This time around too there is a mix of contestants and I think I will have fun on the show getting to know them."

Asked if she watched TV at home and what her favourite shows were, Karisma said: "I do watch TV but not that much, perhaps a few reality shows here and there - Nach Baliye is my favourite. Today the gap between movies and television had decreases and everyone is on TV right from Akshay and Salman, all my colleagues are doing it. Television has given career alternatives to so many people."

And will we be seeing her again on the big screen? "It is matter of time; whenever I get a good script I will do it," she said, "I do miss my acting and you do miss things when you are passionate about. I have been working from such a young age, so I have been on a much deserved break."

No comments:

INDIAN TELEVISION NEWS